Thomas Acres Public School

Engaging Students in the 21st Century

Telephone02 4626 4577

Complaints, compliments and suggestions

Complaints, compliments and suggestions

If you want to ask a question, provide feedback, make a complaint, or tell us something we've done well, we'd like to know. You can contact us in person, by email, phone, letter, or wherever you see the Feedback Assist widget.

Finding a public school

Tips and advice on effective complaining

On this page

Our commitment to you

We will deal with your issue thoroughly and fairly.

We value your feedback

We are constantly improving the way we work, so let us know if you have any suggestions.

We'd also like to know if you think we're doing something well. It helps us to make sure we continue to do great things in public education and training. We'll make sure your message is passed on.

What can a complaint be about?

You can make a complaint about:

  • any aspect of the services we provide
  • any decision, including those about enrolment
  • any practice, policy or procedure
  • staff behaviour or conduct.

Making a complaint

We are committed to resolving complaints promptly at a local level. If you wish to make a complaint about a public school, start by talking to the teacher or school principal.

We encourage you to raise your complaint directly with the school or service in person, by email, over the telephone or by letter if you prefer.

You may also want to use our online 'Your Feedback' form - the widget for this form is on the right hand side of this page. This is easy to use - you can provide details of your complaint, compliment or suggestion, and your feedback will be sent to the right place for action.

You can also use our online complaints and compliments form.

  • For complaints, compliments and suggestions about schools, visit our guide for parents, carers and students.
  • To make a complaint about a school principal or about a broader function of the department, you can use the online form on this page or email us at
  • For complaints, compliments or suggestions about a service provided by one of the administrative directorates or workplaces, contact that service area and ask to speak to a manager.
  • Department of Education employees should refer to our Staff Complaints Procedure (PDF 2.67MB) for information about the process to follow when making and managing work-related complaints (staff only). Our complaints handling policy and associated procedures provide more information about the complaint process.

More information