Thomas Acres Public School

Engaging Students in the 21st Century

Telephone02 4626 4577

Moving into Year 7 in 2024

Moving into Year 7 in a NSW Government School in 2024.  Time to start the process of your child from Year 6 to Year 7

Moving into Year 7 in a NSW Government school in 2024

** Online link available from 6 March 2023 to 31 March ONLY **

Online Expression of Interest application opens on 6 March 2023 until 31 March 2023.  NOTE.  applications close on 31 March 2023; if you miss this dead, you will need to apply directly to your chosen High School.

In NSW Government schools, moving from primary school to high school is called the 'Year 6 to Year 7 transition' or simply 'high school transition'.

If you would like your child to attend a government high school in 2024, you will need to complete an Expression of Interest (EIO) for Year 6 to 7 transition. The EIO lets you indicate which school(s) you would like your child to attend in Year 7. After you submit this EIO  and it has been assessed, your child will be offered a place at a government high school.

The EOI process will be available online from 6 March 2023 and can be found on Thomas Acres Public School’s website under the Enrolment tab.  This tab is located at the top right-hand side of the home page.  After you submit an EOI and it has been assessed, your child will be offered a place at a high school.

If your child will not be attending a NSW Government high school next year, please let us know by completing a Placement Not Required form.

If you are unsure whether they will be attending a NSW Government school (you’ve applied for a private school, or you are moving interstate), we ask that you still complete an EOI and follow up with your school once a decision has been made.

The online process will guide you through your options and collect the information required to make the process as smooth as possible.

For parents/carers who are not able to complete an application online, please a paper EOI form can be collected from the school office.

For more information about moving to high school, visit Going to a public school at

Support Material for Parents


Need help filling the expression of interest?

The expression of interest form should be completed in English. If you require an interpreter to assist you please call the Telephone Interpreter Service on 131 450 and ask for an interpreter in your language. This service will be free of charge to you. You can also contact your child’s primary school for assistance.